There has been a church fellowship on the current site in Longton Lane, Rainhill, for 80 years at the year 2014. The first building was erected in 1934, thanks to the foresight shown by four local people.
Granville and Esther Ralph had moved to Rainhill two years previously. They amassed the sum of £50 in order to buy the initial site by selling the Christian Herald in the locality.
Together with a Mr and Mrs Mather they saved a further £450 to build a timber building which was situated in what is the car park of the current Church.
From that period to this, the Gospel of the saving grace of The Lord Jesus Christ, has been told out unhindered over the period of 80 years.
In 1951 the Lord blessed the Fellowship by allowing them to purchase the area fronting onto Longton Lane between the existing timber structure and an adjacent bungalow. Although some additions have been constructed, the 1981 structure forms the main portion of the current building.
Over the years God has greatly blessed Trinity, maintaining a substantial and active witness in Rainhill.
To date seven pastors have looked after the church fellowship, the last pastor, Jim Mollitt, carrying out this role for 17 years.
In September 2014, David Wilkinson took on the role of Pastor to this Fellowship. Under his guidance and God’s help this Christian Community will continue to spread the Message of Salvation through God’s grace.
Both Church Family and Pastor see their mission field as being the Village of Rainhill, Merseyside whose population number in the region of 20,000.